It is our pleasure to welcome working members of the media
to cover the 23rd World Petroleum Congress.
Media who meet the 23rd WPC criteria will receive complimentary registration for the Congress.
Please carefully read the following criteria before applying for media registration:
• Complimentary media registration is available only to members of the working media who are writing articles or producing broadcast coverage about the 23rd WPC.
• Job titles that will not be eligible include PR or marketing representative, account executive, corporate media relations staff, advertising sales, President, CEO, and other non-editorial roles.
• Journalists must be employed by a media outlet that covers the oil and gas industry.
• Photo identification will be required.
• Media representatives are responsible for their travel and lodging.
Once your registration form has been submitted, your application will be checked for compliance with the guidelines above. Once your registration has been checked, you will receive an e-mail within three working days with advice on next steps.
The 23rd World Petroleum Congress Organizing Committee reserves the right to deny media badges at its sole discretion. A history of being registered at previous World Petroleum Congresses does not guarantee approval or waive the accreditation requirement. Travel to the Congress does not guarantee admittance.
Members of the media will register for or pick up their badge on the 2nd floor of the George R. Brown Convention Center. A working media room will be available as a quiet workspace with complimentary internet access, printing facilities and refreshments. All photographers and videographers should check in at the media room.
Media will have full access to the Opening Ceremony & Reception, Exhibition, Plenary and Technical Sessions as well as the Closing Ceremony.
Media will be allowed to cover any ticketed special events without a ticket, but will not be offered a meal.
For additional information on media registration, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
For all queries, please contact the 23rd World Petroleum Congress Communications Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org